Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Amazing Progress 5/11/12

Wow, what a difference a day makes! After 12 straight hours of crying, and my insistence of no more morphine, Annie finally calmed down and went to sleep (albeit 3 o'clock in the morning). Of course they had to come wake her up to take her blood before the sun was even up, but her pain was so much less! Don't get me wrong, she is one grumpy bear, but given what she had done to her, I think she is allowed to be a little pissed at the world! As long as she is not hurting like she was, I'll take it! I have no doubt that all of the prayers sent up for her have played a role in her markedly fast improvement.

She is doing so well that they agreed to my request of discharge home (well, home away from home) instead of to the regular floor. So excited! She hates the hospital, and anyone coming at her with a stethoscope, so I know we will see continued speedy improvement in a quiet and peaceful environment (well, I am not sure how quiet and peaceful it is with Alex in tow, but considerably better than the beeping). I am sure it will take eons to get discharged, but at least she is resting comfortably right now :)

Watching Dora with her Gee



No comments:

Post a Comment