Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Major Improvement!

Today is the day I have been waiting for.....my happy little Annie is back!  She has finally caught up on her sleep, is in far less pain, and is making great improvements!!!  She went the better part of the day on Tylenol only, which is awesome at this point.  She is still on Valium (for muscle spasms-since she had muscle work done) but that is only 2 times a day.  I love seeing her funny little personality reemerging....totally warms my heart.

I started turning her fixators on Monday, which was very scary at first, but is not necessarily a big deal now.  They have to be turned 2 times a day and the dressing around them changed once a day (you can imagine how much she loves that).

I can't believe it actually happened, but I "lost" the wrench to turn the fixators on the first day.  I searched endlessly and cried buckets of tears until Annie looked at me at one point and said, "Don't cry mommy."  Ummmm, okay, you are right.  While I was so upset with myself I realized that there was nothing I could do about it except beg for a new one the next day, so that is what I did.  Of course, I brought the man that could get me a new one a generous Starbucks gift card, but I am not beneath bribing who I need to bribe to get what I need for the Princess :-)  Stress that I did not need.

Anyway, she had her splints adjusted once again yesterday, but I think we are finally good to go.  Lots of other details to tell, but too tired to tell them so they will have to wait.

Thank you for all of the prayers...they definitely have been answered!

Ahhhh....bandages and splints off for a few mins...


Incision on the side of her hand (for muscle transfer):




Underside of hand:



Getting splints adjusted again...she is so over it!





3 comments:

  1. She just exudes cuteness, even when going through something so uncomfortable! And the sass in that last picture is coming through loud and clear lol she is most definitely over it and giving y'all a piece of her mind silently ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanine, your joy over Annie's progress and these pictures are so heartwarming. Thank you for sharing them and bless you for the deep, deep love you have for your children. We can't wait to have Annie back in our arms again soon.
    Love, Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear. What a beautiful precious girl Annie is. We can't wait to see her again soon!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete