Monday, February 4, 2013

Surgery Scheduled!


The May house is gearing up for another big surgery for Annie (hopefully) on Feb 21st in FL.  Two big this have to happen first.  One, we have to keep her well, and two, the insurance needs to be convinced that the surgery is medically necessary (they are not convinced yet).  We have pulled her out of school and have her home with a nanny, so hopefully that will help in the health arena.  As for the insurance, well, not much I can do.  Hopefully the Dr’s office can work their magic and give them what they need.  I work for a new company (we were sold), so we have new insurance; therefore they do not have her full history yet.  I have to say that our last insurance was AWESOME and never questioned anything.  Being in this situation really frustrates the hell out of me!    

The surgery she is scheduled for is to lengthen the radius on both arms, which should significantly improve her function.  If you want to read about the lengthening process, feel free to visit Dr Paley’s website http://paleyinstitute.org/?q=intro-to-limb-lengthening.  While I dread it for her (and all of us for that matter) we are hopeful that this will be it for surgeries for many years to come!

Annie and I leave for FL on the 19th, my mom will meet us there on the 19th, and then Stephen will come the 20-23.  Alex will be staying home this time, which will be really hard on me to be away from him, but will be much better for him.  She has to stay in FL for a week, and then we will go to Dallas for a few days (I have a work meeting that I cannot miss) and then we will finally get to return to Nashville on March 7th.

Start the prayers now!! J

We had a really pretty snow on Saturday morning and the kids had a blast playing in it!





1 comment:

  1. I hope the insurance comes around so Annie can have her surgery! She is such an amazing little girl :)

    ReplyDelete