Friday, April 6, 2012

Frunstrations

Monday, January 30, 2012 8:34 PM, CST
Well, as usual Annie has decided to make the record books again.  Prior to leaving FL we saw the PA to have her checked out.  Me: What happens if the bandage come off?  PA: That has never happened before.  Me: Um, okay (thinking to myself, you haven’t met Anastasia).  PA:  says nothing but looks at me like I have 2 heads.  I should have known better!  As active as she is, I just knew it was a possibility, and sure enough, the unthinkable happened yesterday and the bandage came completely off.  I FREAKED out!  I called the PA (how foolish was he to give me his personal cell number??) and he instructed me what to buy and then how to wrap it again.  He also instructed me to get in with someone (orthopedist) Monday to have it “professionally” bandaged again. 

I’ll spare you the details, but needless to say my bandage job was better than the ortho guy we finally got in with (what an ORDEAL that was!!!).  I was uneasy with what had been done so I called the surgeon’s office and left the details of what was going on.  I got a call back within minutes and was told that the Dr wanted us to get back to FL ASAP.  Apparently the positioning is extremely important at this stage and he wants to see her.
 
The fun at my house just never ends!  I am getting close to my breaking point.  I know things could be worse, yada, yada, yada, but really?  Can she not get a break?  Can we not get a break?  From the time I was 23 weeks pregnant with her until now it has been a constant roller coaster of worry.  I really don’t know how parents of chronically ill children survive, and I pray that I don’t have to find out!  I am trying to stay positive, but  I can only find so many “silver linings” to situations.
 
We also saw the pulmonologist today and as expected he wants to scope her to evaluate her airway.  He is also going to have the ENT there to place a tube (via her nose) to evaluate her for reflux (she gets to keep that for 24 hours….good luck with keeping that in!!!!!).  Her symptoms of reflux have completely subsided, but he said that it is possible to still have it and not have symptoms.  She has to be completely put under, so that kind of sucks for her.
    
In other news, Alexander has transformed into a terrible two from hell.  He apparently had a complete meltdown at school today, including kicking, hitting, and trying to bite his teacher.  I have no words….except, I need a drink!!!!

We fly out first thing in the morning.  Here's for hoping no damage has occured, she gets a new, secure bandage, and we get to come back the next day as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment